Friday 23 November 2012

task 2d


WHAT IN YOUR DAILY PRACTICE GETS YOU REALLY ENTHUSIASTIC TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT? WHO DO YOU ADMIRE WHO ALSO WORKS WITH WHAT MAKES YOU ENTHUSIASTIC ! 


I get enthusiastic about any bit of creativity. I love thinking of a simple thing and it turning out to be some amazing piece of choreography or staging and seeing it grow and develop and then eventually being performed and seeing the audiences reaction to it. My friend Gianni Onori is also similar to me in this way but with singing instead of choreography it's interesting to see a melody or a lyric pop in to his head and he gets excited about it and will have to record it so he doesn't forget it. It also happens in the strangest of places such as in the toilet of a Night club.

WHAT GETS YOU ANGRY OR MAKES YOU SAD ? WHO DO YOU ADMIRE WHO SHARES YOUR FEELINGS OR HAS FOUND AWAY TO WORK AROUND THE SADNESS OR ANGER


I don't like people that like to put you down. I feel that everyone should be able to feel comfortable in any situation. In the performing industry you get a lot of performers that love to tell you all of the things they have done and talk about themselves almost like they are justifying to you that they are good. The performing industry is hard enough with auditions and casting directors/ choreographers etc telling you are not good enough without fellow performers thinking they are better than you! In the industry I have several humble friends who have had AMAZING careers but never feel the need to "brag" or put anyone else down, instead they are looking for ways to better themselves , I have a friend CRAIG KELLY who is a MT performer who has just finished on the west end in blood brothers, he is lovely person that never feels he is better than people , he is always looking for new things to do and further himself as both a performer and a person. He blocks out other people's negativity very well and when it comes to an audition etch he zones out and just focuses on himself!

WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT WHAT YOU DO? WHO DO YOU ADMIRE WHO ALSO SEEMS TO LOVE THIS OR IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU LOVE? 
 I love seeing other people's enjoyment and knowing that you had touched someone in some way. As a performer you have the power to bring enjoyment to someone's life. On my last tour we performed at a venue where there were a lot of people with disabilities and the audience. The whole way through they were dancing along and it gives you an amazing feeling inside to know that you have touched someone and made them happy! I admire DELTA GOODREM greatly and through watching interviews etc i know that she also has a love for this. She always says that she writes her songs from personal experiences however she puts them out there for other people to relate to, to make them happy or help them get through certain parts of their lives. She says that she loves hearing stories of how her songs have touched people or have helped them work through something.

WHAT DO YOU FEEL YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND?WHO DO YOU ADMIRE WHO DOES NOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND IT OR WHO HAS FOUND A WAY OF NOT UNDERSTANDING IT INTERESTING OR BEAUTIFUL ,OR HAS ASKED THE SAME QUESTIONS AS YOU! 
I don't understand the performing industry and how it works. I know so many AMAZING dancers and Vocalists that are out of work, yet there are some people on the West End for example that are not that great, yet they seem to get work. I have a lot of performer friends that think this that battle on through auditions hoping to get that "lucky break" . I think they have to just set goals and challenges for themselves to keep them going! I have a lot of respect for anyone who appreciates the job that they are in and does not take it for granted!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed your inquiry blog as i agree with so many of your statements. Bragging drives me mad, as performers we are often viewed as arrogant, rude and up ourselves and some performers I know seem to enjoy this stereotype and play up to it. Remaining true to yourself will always make your performance more believeable and keep you on th eright road. People employ people and arrogance won't get you anywhere.
    Please feel free to leave some comments for me, I would like to hear your views on my inquiry blog. Mimi

    ReplyDelete