Tuesday 1 January 2013

task 2c


I think that everyday we are learning without realising it! For me it was very interesting to see Kolbs learning cycle I think that this is something that we all do naturally but to see the process down on paper was interesting. I think If I actually wrote down all of my experiences that I learnt from every single day, my room would be full of pieces of paper!

In day to day life I have interactions with different types of people in different types of situations and I think I end up reflecting on them all at some point, whether it was a disagreement with some or a good interaction, from reflecting on these situations this helps you learn how to deal with them if a similar situation rises in the future!

A recent example where I feel I used Kolb.s learning cycle is last year i attended a “We Will Rock You” audition (Concrete Experience). I didn’t do very well in the audition and I came away thinking of things that I could of done better in my audition as I would of really loved the job (Reflective Observation) which then links the next process (Abstract Conceptualisation) as I had figured out what I thought I could do better. Then this year I went for the audition again and I did really well (didn’t get the job however L) but I put into use what I had learnt from the previous audition and it benefited me (Active Experimentation).

Reading Donald Schon’s concept of “reflection-in-action” I feel this is the same thing as Kolb’s learning cycle. Your brain is extremely cleaver and fast, so I think your brain goes through all of the learning steps in these situations just really fast. I feel that these experiences might not benefit you as much because they are happening at the same time as the situation you are in you may not remember them as well!
I think developing your reflecting skills is really important and interesting its amazing how much you are actually learning without realising it.

No comments:

Post a Comment